Tuesday 11 December 2012

I've mostly been dying bits and pieces! What Fun.....

Fun, Fun, Fun.....


Hand dying Mulberry bark was a big
discovery for me last week....I love it
and think it will work in with both my loves cardmaking
and textiles


Then there's silk laps like a blanket of layers 
of silk fibre....
ooooooo the possibilities!


Have you ever seen a suri alpaca
- the ones with the really long curls...well this is
some of that and let's say if heaven was a fibre
it'd be pretty close.


recycled sari ribbon - every radiator in my house gets 
well used - this is Jacob's room!


Lots of silks...hankies, noils, topps
and a silk/alpaca/linen mix very interesting.....


So this morning I've be carding it all together with
some lovely merino....
So I can make felt this afternoon/evening.
I love it!
Just need to work out a way of avoiding purple hand syndrome
wearing gloves all the time would help!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. OOoooh - fabulous colours Claire - thanks for sharing your felting experience with us - it's so interesting. Love the curly Alpaca fibres - they look too nice to use!
    Hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete