Tuesday 3 March 2009

It's a start!



This is my first adventure into the world of blogging so please bear with me....I am hoping to have somewhere friends and family and hopefully new friends will be able to see what I am working on. I really meant to start this after my wonderful husband Reuben bought me a Pazzles for my Christmas. For those of you who don't know a Pazzles is a very clever piece of equiptment that allows me to draw an image - convert to a cutting file - and then cut out the image in a huge range of different materials, aswell as drawing, embossing, engraving and many other techniques. I should at this point add that although i have had my machine for over two months I still class myself as very much a learner! This first card was one of my very first efforts for a 40 something year old friend Ross who is toadally cool. The first cards I am showing have all been done in the last few months using in part the Pazzles.


These are pictures of my husbands Valentines card. Using the pazzles to create a heart lace style paper as a wrap and glass heart beads added - one for each year we have been together. They are on a very heavy glitter card with an appeture cut in the card base and a bronze perlescent liner.



Upsy Daisy was created for Aunty Daisy and I really had alot of fun doing this one - the hair proved to be a bit of a challenge to get right. The Night Garden is a big hit with Hope aged 21 months so I can see us gradually working with all the characters.
These are pictures of my Mothers Day card which also uses some great paint that I had only just discovered and love it! The shapes are all cut once more on the Pazzles but this time using Grungeboard. They are then painted with Tim Holtz crackle effect paint, edges sanded and inked. Built into flowers with the help of some eyelets( I use alot of eyelets - I love them and my crop-a-dile). The Card base is made up using lilac card and an orange floral printed acatate joined at spine with eyelets. After the grungeboard flowers were added, I also attached button centres to the flowers with ribbon. Adding a rub on sentiment and some more tiny flowers and hearts. Well thats a start.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment