Wednesday 11 July 2012

Back to my roots...silk paper making and dyeing!


While I was at Woolfest I bought some fabulous fibres
and silk string with the intention
of getting back to my roots.

I loved dyeing and paper making as a textiles student
a very long time ago....hmmmmmm
20 years!

I found a great local supplier for dye
would highly recommend - very helpful.

I have dyed some silk string which its think lends 
itself to another alternative to bakers twine?
Have a close up look - very lovely stuff.


I have also had a go at silk paper making
which is far quicker than making
ordinary paper
and I love it!


It's been pretty wet here so have been looking for
different things to do with the kids.

We have had a lot of fun.


These are my attempts
to check I could do it first.


Hopefully will get photo's of their creations tomorrow
to put on their blog!

1 comment:

  1. oh gosh this looks amazing hun wonderful colours,hugs Cherylxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete