Thursday 23 July 2009

C.R.A.F.T. Challenge 10 pink and green

The challenge this week is to create a project in lime green and pink at C.R.A.F.T.


I decided to a doodle girl with a Klimt influence. I am a big fan of the work of Gustav Klimt having seen an exhibition of his in Brussels in 1987. My dad was working out there at the time with I.B.M. and it was the first exhibition I remember having a big impact on me - probably
the reason I went into textile design at Art School.

Pay C.R.A.F.T. a visit to see what the rest of the D.T.
have been up to this week. Also just look at what you could win......

we are having a wee change this week with a challenge for a fortnight - give you all a little extra time - aren't we kind.....so this weeks entry is due in by Wed 5th Aug 8.00pm GMT.

We are also looking for new DT members.....join in the fun!

14 comments:

  1. Wow Claire this is amazing! Fantastic drawing and colouring! I'll have to try and think of something for this one, 2 weeks should be plenty of time! :-) Congratulations too on being the new Host for C.R.A.F.T! Love, Rose x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire,

    Love your work, you are so creative !!!!

    Greetings,

    Peggy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really beautiful creation Claire!
    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is amazing hun so much detail fab love it love cheryl xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. first, i must apologize. i used one of your images and i don't think i gave you the credit. i'm so sorry. i had it as being from "craftybitz"

    but this one is gorgeous! i absoluely love it. she's beautiful as are the colors you used. wow!

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok. i take it back. you ARE craftybitz! jokes on me.... bwwwahhhaaaahhhaaaa!

    HUGS,

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Another unique creation Claire! You've really captured the essence of Klimt - fabulous! The colouring is perfect too (I'm guessing Copics?)
    Love Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just so beautiful....

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I definitely Klimt in this creation! The Kiss is still hanging up in my room at my mom's house, lol. Love that painting. Anywho, this is just genius; what a great piece of art! Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us :D
    - Ann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Claire. I have just found your wonderful blog while browsing and love what you do. Everything is so bright and full of fun. Do you draw these yourself, they are fantastic. I love this Klimt lady, she's beautiful in a really modern way.
    I shall be a frequent visitor from now on.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely colour combo and what a stunning design, well done again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adore the colouring on this, just wonderful. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, love the image as well.

    Love,

    Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card. And lovely blog, what adorable children. Thank you for your kind comment on mine. And thank you for the squirrel, I will certainly give you credit when I use it. How lovely. x

    ReplyDelete