Tuesday 14 July 2009

Polkadoodles Challenge - Buzz off bugs!


The challenge this week at Polkadoodles is to create a Get Well card
with an image of an insect and a ribbon type thing like string,raffia etc.....
I had a lot of fun with this one tonight! Least of all because my Caterpillar was rather mad looking once I had made him!

I have used an embossed card base, think a papermania one.
Flowers are downloads from the Polkadoodles shop.
Flowers were then coloured with copics as were the paper Ric rack stems which were then attached with eyelets and curled.

I added a couple of tiny rub on insects by flowers from Basic Grey - bee and ladybug.
Then using paper fringe coloured with copics I made Cameron Caterpillar - he is very friendly
and I am sure would cheer you up if feeling a bit under the weather!
Also if you should be interested Polkadoodles are looking for a new member for their DT. I recon this would be a fab opportunity for someone - they seem like a great bunch of people! Go have a look and have fun doodling......

12 comments:

  1. wow hun this is just amazing so much detail in it just adore all of it love cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an absolutely fabulous card. boy, talk about getting creative! you are somethin' else!

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really made me smile !!! Love it.
    Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodle again
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card, your caterpillar is great. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Claire... Cameron Caterpillar is sooooo cute and funny... really makes me smile!!!!

    Love your card!!!

    Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles!!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is a eat card, I love the caterpillar, he wouldn't fail to make anyone feel better! good luck in the challenge, Love, Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a fantastic card - the caterpillar is sooo clever :)

    jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic!! You never cease to amaze me! Wonderful caterpillar! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a fun card with so much detail I just love the catapiller & the lovely tendrils from the flowers x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning, love the vivid colours and the sheer originality.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Claire What stunning work!Its truly amazing unique really just love it

    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So well done and...Your creativity rocks..Krista
    Thanks for playing at PDs...

    ReplyDelete