Saturday 4 July 2009

Polkadoodles - Cape Gooseberry......


Okay it seemed like a good idea at the time....truth be known it was a challenge and I am happy with the outcome - just incase anyone doesn't know what I am wittering on about -

Cape Gooseberry

The challenge this week at Polkadoodles is to create a card or something with a fruit theme with a hidden element.

Why a Cape Gooseberry popped into my head I'm really not quite sure, but here goes -
My idea was the hidden element could be inside a box, so thats what I started thinking about a fruit that could encorporate a box.......
I have a pattern for a box on my pazzles - unfortunately I discovered it doesn't seem to work - luckily it cut most of it just had last side to finnish by hand then score it
(score doesn't appear to work on this pattern).I used a 12 x 12 sheet of orange cardstock - after making up box sealed edges with pva and tissue. Leaves were handcut from printed Vellum and inked. Joined leaves together with eyelet and added small eyelet at top of each leaf. Hole in bottom of box and joined box and leaves together with a pipecleaner for stem.
Added card heart to secure box with a gem brad - eyelet in box and lid with pipecleaner catterpiller to secure.......
I bought some great resin beads recently which I have made into necklaces for Hope.

11 comments:

  1. Hello Claire,

    Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles!!! And you did it again... surprising us with your wonderful work!!! You have such a creative mind! I LOVE Cape Gooseberry!! And the necklace is also beautiful!

    Sweet greetings,
    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous project, you always surprise with your creative interpretations of the challenges, love the beads too. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week
    hugs
    En x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic Claire, the outside of the box looks like real fruit skin, good enough to eat! I love the pipe cleaner caterpillar :-) The outer leaves look really effective, well done and good luck in the challenge! Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to say lovely necklaces too, the beads look very fruity! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these are so creative! Really fantastic job you've done :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW . . I wish I could always "think outside the box" (forgive the oun) and envy you your creativeness. Fab project and you definitely nailed this challenge.

    Many thanks for joining in with the Polka Doodles challenge again this week.

    Lou
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! another great idea

    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just super ... how creative ... such a great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, like WOW!! Awesome girl!! I'm speechless! Can't believe you're not happy with this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word!! Absolutley fantastic! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this really was a wonderful creative idea, I thought you would be one of the winners, smashing bit of work x Rosy

    ReplyDelete