Tuesday 7 April 2009

Colour Create Challenge - Roxanne

For the Colour Create challenge this week it is Duck Egg Blue and Rose.
Having enjoyed creating Octavia , I decided to give her a friend - Roxanne.
One of the first parties I went to with my husband was a fancy dress party - he went as a submarine and I went as a rock pool. Have to say that is where all likeness ends between myself and Roxanne - I enjoy my food too much........
I Used a Duck egg blue card blank - Inked the edges rose. Drew and paper pieced Roxanne then added Sakura pen. Background papers are basic grey and core-dinations that was distressed.
I hand cut some reed like pieces and added detail with Sakura, set onto ribbon with eyelets.
Attached ribbon with brads, then added a few more reeds with foam pads.
Attached Roxanne on foam pads.
Added fish at bottom painted with Tim Holtz crackle paint, message at top is handwritten again using Sakura pens.



4 comments:

  1. Oh Claire, I love it when you upload some of your work, its always a joy to see! Have you thought of selling some of your images as digi downloads?
    Keryn
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work!! Al those beautiful details... the eyelets at the ribbon is so great!!! I love your work!

    Greetings,
    Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  3. How original is this. Fantastic card, great use of the colours and Roxanne is one beautiful sassy lady.
    Thanks for sharing this with us at CC.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Rose is complete gorgeousness too. You are inspiring me like crazy! Thanks for sharing your incredible talent, :O)

    ReplyDelete