Friday 18 September 2009

Polkadoodles Challenge 18 - Make your own flowers....



The challenge this week at Polkadoodles is to make your own flowers! What fun I had with this. I have used the new doodles stamps to create flowers by heat embossing acetate and colouring with Sakura Glaze.
Then layered with eyelet in centre. Made wire stems and leaves with a glass bead as flower centre.



Background of card is stamped with doodles stamps and I have used candy doodle cd for paper to cut 50 and alphas in circles. The flowers each have their own vase made from bendy section of a straw.
Added doodley details to finnish.



If you are heat embossing on acetate - you need heat resistant acetate - I bought mine from Donnas Den its made by Crafters Companion.

Congratulations to the winners from challenge 16 (spots and stripes) :

3rd place - Dolly
2nd place - Aud Cards
Winner - Aunty Nonie

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Claire. I love flowers.
    Hugs, Magda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is brilliant love those beautiful colurs and love those flowers too love cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire,

    So beautiful and creative!!! Lovely card!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful piece of work Claire, I think acetate flowers work so well, just a pain to photograph.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Claire! Those flowers are just fab!
    Fliss xx
    PS: I've just become a stamp designer too-if you pop over to my blog you'll be able to see what mine look like lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Claire, I love the flowers, I've never used acetate, must try it sometime!

    Love, Rose xx

    P.S. - spent a few hours in the garden today, and I didn't see any frogs! I expect they're hiding from me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely flowers, they look so dainty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great flowers Claire, I must try it. Fab card.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete