Friday 9 September 2011

Polka Doodles...create a scene...mixed media...and a first!


Polka Doodles challenge this week is to create a scene!

I have used all Polka Doodles stamps
to create my little scene.

First glued tissue to my grey board
then gave a rough gesso coat.

Stamped some houses and painted over with gesso
to give a subtle background.

Stamped my scene and coloured with Sakura.
Added some definition to the stamps lines
with a black glaze.
Inked the edges of the cover.


I loved creating this notebook.
It was my very first project on my
Birthday pressie from Reuben
a Bind-it-all!

Can't say I perfected it but am confident next time
 it will have holes all the same size
....a bit of a slipping incident!
Hopefully well covered by the lovely fibres.


I'd like to share this with
The Rubber cafe - no dp's
Paperplay challenges - Use more than 2 stamps (I used 6 rubber stamps)
Hannah and Friends - little gifts
My Craft Spot - friends - made for my friend Zoe


Show us a scene at Polka Doodles!

16 comments:

  1. Fantastic! it is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful book, love the cover you created!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tissue paper technique and the stamped scene ! Thanks for playing along with us this week, at My Craft Spot !
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Claire that is gorgoeus love the whole book cover and your image is fabulous. hugs Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowm amazing technique. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow Claire, this is just gorgeous I love the texture, the techniques and the colours you have used, really great,
    Em.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Claire - I love it. (I love my Bind it all too and the scope it allows for making lovely little books like this)
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Claire and lucky you to have a Bind It All.
    I'm hoping to have one for my birthday too as one's been on my wish list for a while now.
    Sorry for the lack of comments lately - very busy!
    Have a good weekend, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us this week at My Craft Spot!

    Aymee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous book cover Claire, I love it!

    Rose x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty project, love the beautiful soft colour combo. Thanks for joining the challenge at My Craft Spot

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely notebook - and such a wonderful scene you've created with your stamps! The fibres are a gorgeous way to finish things off!
    Thanks so much for playing along at My Craft Spot!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty!! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot.

    Hugs,
    Amy
    Scrapping Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh that is lovely, Claire - a really fairytale scene - gorgeous notebook.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous, love the scene you created and the depth you achieved with it! Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know I've always loved this image Claire and the way you've used it is just fabulous!

    You've made me want to use it again!
    Hugs
    Ei
    x

    ReplyDelete